Latest topics

» Kurt Knispel' mission (King Tiger), campaign Mein Panzerkampf
by lockie Today at 4:42 pm

» U, Shift+U crashes the game.
by MANoWAR.U51 Today at 11:26 am

» Maps for Bastogne
by ceonkst Today at 10:58 am

» Анімації людей/Human animation
by will73 Yesterday at 10:08 pm

» Sherman Jumbo 75 mm
by norrin Yesterday at 7:29 am

» Nonstop Infantry Talk/Shouting
by mechanic Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:13 am

» Video from SF
by mechanic Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:11 am

» STA(Steel Tank Add-on) 3.3
by geoweb35 Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:06 am

» We all at sometime or another...
by woofiedog Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:58 pm

March 2019

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar


    Can't click on the 'Apply' button

    Share
    avatar
    Aragorn

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2017-08-31
    Location : Amsterdam

    Can't click on the 'Apply' button

    Post by Aragorn on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:38 pm

    Gentlemen, I'm a brandnew member and I have a question. I've installed the game today, including the STA-files, the fix STA and the Fix widscreen. The game loads just fine. There's only one problem. In the Main Menu I can't click on the button 'Campaigns and Missions'. Another problem appears when I click on Game Options, where I can't click on the 'Apply'-button, after changing some settings. Please advise.

    I've also noticed that when I click on 'Continue Game' I get a CTD.
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 4107
    Join date : 2014-07-24
    Age : 52
    Location : Ukraine, Kyiv

    Re: Can't click on the 'Apply' button

    Post by lockie on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:08 am

    Aragorn wrote:Gentlemen, I'm a brandnew member and I have a question. I've installed the game today, including the STA-files, the fix STA and the Fix widscreen. The game loads just fine. There's only one problem. In the Main Menu I can't click on the button 'Campaigns and Missions'. Another problem appears when I click on Game Options, where I can't click on the 'Apply'-button, after changing some settings. Please advise.

    I've also noticed that when I click on 'Continue Game' I get a CTD.
    Untick the property "read only " file config.engcfg in the same folder.
    avatar
    Aragorn

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2017-08-31
    Location : Amsterdam

    Re: Can't click on the 'Apply' button

    Post by Aragorn on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:26 am

    lockie wrote:
    Aragorn wrote:Gentlemen, I'm a brandnew member and I have a question. I've installed the game today, including the STA-files, the fix STA and the Fix widscreen. The game loads just fine. There's only one problem. In the Main Menu I can't click on the button 'Campaigns and Missions'. Another problem appears when I click on Game Options, where I can't click on the 'Apply'-button, after changing some settings. Please advise.

    I've also noticed that when I click on 'Continue Game' I get a CTD.
    Untick the property "read only " file config.engcfg in the same folder.

    Thanks for your reply, Lockie, but it is already unticked. I take it you mean the file in Data/K42/Loc-Rus/Config? I've tried ticking and unticking again, but that doesn't solve my problem. Please advise.

    Btw, I bought my copy of SF at Gamersgate. Probably has nothing to do with it, but just mentioning it.
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 4107
    Join date : 2014-07-24
    Age : 52
    Location : Ukraine, Kyiv

    Re: Can't click on the 'Apply' button

    Post by lockie on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:48 am

    Aragorn wrote:
    I take it you mean the file in Data/K42/Loc-Rus/Config?
    Yes.

    I've tried ticking and unticking again, but that doesn't solve my problem. Please advise.

    Then u've wrong installation. Enclose here the content of the file: 
    Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\MODS\JSGME.ini

    It should look similar to this:
    [DEPENDANCIES]
    Polygons_v2.1="u03_AUG_2017"
    SSM 2.7="STA3.2"
    STA3.2="cockpit_T34-85_v1.0""v01_Soviet uniform 1943""v03.6_All_missions_opened""02_JULY_Upd_2017""aspect_5-4_STA3.1_v.1.5""Weather_Scorching summer v.1.4 STA 3.x""u03_AUG_2017""u04_AUG2017""v03_GreyCamo_41_v1.4_STA3.1"
    02_JULY_Upd_2017="aspect_5-4_STA3.1_v.1.5""u03_AUG_2017""u04_AUG2017"
    aspect_5-4_STA3.1_v.1.5="u03_AUG_2017""u04_AUG2017"
    v01_Soviet uniform 1943=""
    v05_No_default_music_v.1.4=""
    u03_AUG_2017="u04_AUG2017""v03_GreyCamo_41_v1.4_STA3.1"
    [MODS]
    Polygons_v2.1=1
    SSM 2.7=2
    STA3.2=3
    v01c_Tank_Server_Mod=4
    v05_No_default_music_v.1.4=5
    v04_Hardcore_target_v1.2=6
    cockpit_T34-85_v1.0=7
    v01_Soviet uniform 1943=8
    v03.6_All_missions_opened=9
    02_JULY_Upd_2017=10
    aspect_5-4_STA3.1_v.1.5=11
    Weather_Scorching summer v.1.4 STA 3.x=12
    u03_AUG_2017=13
    u04_AUG2017=14
    v03_GreyCamo_41_v1.4_STA3.1=15

    Btw, I bought my copy of SF at Gamersgate. Probably has nothing to do with it, but just mentioning it.
    I'd say that no any cents goes to the Graviteam pockets from the game sale. So, I think everyone should feel free in which way to get the game copy.
    avatar
    Aragorn

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2017-08-31
    Location : Amsterdam

    Re: Can't click on the 'Apply' button

    Post by Aragorn on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:53 am

    [DEPENDANCIES]
    STA 1.2 full="STA_GMP_1.47""STA_GMP_2.37""STA_GMP_3.32""v05_fixSTA1.2_july2016""Weather_Winter_1.85_STA""SSM 2.3""v09_fix_widscreen_v1.04_SepUpd_2015"
    STA_GMP_1.47="STA_GMP_2.37""STA_GMP_3.32""Weather_Winter_1.85_STA"
    v05_fixSTA1.2_july2016="Weather_Winter_1.85_STA""v09_fix_widscreen_v1.04_SepUpd_2015"
    Weather_Winter_1.85_STA="SSM 2.3"
    [MODS]
    STA 1.2 full=1
    STA_GMP_1.47=2
    STA_GMP_2.37=3
    STA_GMP_3.32=4
    v05_fixSTA1.2_july2016=5
    Weather_Winter_1.85_STA=6
    SSM 2.3=7
    v09_fix_widscreen_v1.04_SepUpd_2015=8

    Another thing is that in the game options the resolution is mentioned as 640x480x60. After changing it, I can't use the 'APPLY'-button, so it stays on that resolution. According the advice of the game itself however I should be able to use the highest settings with my pc.


    Thanks again for helping out, Lockie. Btw, to support Graviteam I also bought Steel Armor Blaze of War at Steam. Not my favorite historical background, but these guys deserve the support and I'm sure it is a great game. It is a crying shame SF hasn't become the succes it deserves to be. Such potential wasted now it is not developed any further.
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 4107
    Join date : 2014-07-24
    Age : 52
    Location : Ukraine, Kyiv

    Re: Can't click on the 'Apply' button

    Post by lockie on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:16 am

    Installation doesn't correspond to recommended. Try this from the very beginning.
    1. STA 1.2
    2. 4GB patch
    3. GMP1.x
    4. GMP2.x
    5. GMP3.x
    6. fixSTA1.2_July2016
    7. Aspect 16:9

    After installation start the mission GMP1.47, 02. Т-38: Tank-Scout
    or the first training mission.

    It is a crying shame SF hasn't become the succes it deserves to be. Such potential wasted now it is not developed any further.
    I agree, inspite the old age of the game it is still attractive.
    The main reason why Graviteam can't develop the game it is  - absence of the rights on the game. What about to create the topic on the Steam forum, ie in the SABOW category and ask users what they think to buy  with a Steam Community (or SF fun Community) the rights on the game then hand it over to Graviteam?
    avatar
    Aragorn

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2017-08-31
    Location : Amsterdam

    Re: Can't click on the 'Apply' button

    Post by Aragorn on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:46 am

    lockie wrote:Installation doesn't correspond to recommended. Try this from the very beginning.
    1. STA 1.2
    2. 4GB patch
    3. GMP1.x
    4. GMP2.x
    5. GMP3.x
    6. fixSTA1.2_July2016
    7. Aspect 16:9

    After installation start the mission GMP1.47, 02. Т-38: Tank-Scout
    or the first training mission.

    It is a crying shame SF hasn't become the succes it deserves to be. Such potential wasted now it is not developed any further.
    I agree, inspite the old age of the game it is still attractive.
    The main reason why Graviteam can't develop the game it is  - absence of the rights on the game. What about to create the topic on the Steam forum, ie in the SABOW category and ask users what they think to buy  with a Steam Community (or SF fun Community) the rights on the game then hand it over to Graviteam?

    Installation should be okay now:

    [DEPENDANCIES]
    STA 1.2 full="STA_GMP_1.47""STA_GMP_2.37""STA_GMP_3.32""v05_fixSTA1.2_july2016""v09_fix_widscreen_v1.04_SepUpd_2015"
    STA_GMP_1.47="STA_GMP_2.37""STA_GMP_3.32"
    v05_fixSTA1.2_july2016="v09_fix_widscreen_v1.04_SepUpd_2015"
    [MODS]
    STA 1.2 full=1
    STA_GMP_1.47=2
    STA_GMP_2.37=3
    STA_GMP_3.32=4
    v05_fixSTA1.2_july2016=5
    v09_fix_widscreen_v1.04_SepUpd_2015=6

    But the problem is that I can't start a mission because the button 'CAMPAIGNS AND MISSIONS' doesn't work. It is half hidden between the buttons 'CHANGE PROFILE' (above it) and 'GAME OPTIONS' (below it) and doesn't respond to clicking on it. Please advise. Resolution is now 1920x1080x60.

    I like your idea with regards to the rights of the game, it is definitely worth a try. Main question is whether Graviteam is prepared to develop the game further. I have the impression they are done with tanksims.
    mechanic
    mechanic

    Posts : 299
    Join date : 2014-11-03
    Age : 55

    Re: Can't click on the 'Apply' button

    Post by mechanic on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:45 pm

    Aragorn, did you start the game without STA mod?
    avatar
    Aragorn

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2017-08-31
    Location : Amsterdam

    Re: Can't click on the 'Apply' button

    Post by Aragorn on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:58 pm

    mechanic wrote:Aragorn, did you start the game without STA mod?

    Lockie, Mechanic, forgive me my ignorance, but here's what happened. First of all it is important to mention that I use two 24 Inch monitors. My pc resolution is 3840x1080. On that resolution SF does start, but does not function properly as far as the mentioned buttons are concerned. So the solution was to change my pc resolution to 1920x1080, after which the game can only played on one of my monitors (is that correct?), but works well. Took me some time to figure this out. Thank you both for your willingness to help. I'm now going to discover what this game is all about!

    Btw, Steel Armor works on two monitors, but that's perhaps because the game is of a more recent date?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Can't click on the 'Apply' button

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:36 pm